Royal Bank Financial Group
Cellular: (604) 765-4823
Fax: (604) 684-9740
Mortgage Specialist Assistant
Cellular: (604) 657-6949
Fax: (604) 541-7977
The big news is a revenue neutral carbon tax that will affect all British Columbians by increasing the cost of all fossil fuels (gas, diesel, natural gas, coal, propane and home heating fuel.) This phased-in approach means an increase of 2.41 cents per litre for gas rising to 7.24 cents per litre by 2012. To help offset the increase, all British Columbians will receive a $100 cheque from the Province by June of 2008.
Of particular note to CHBA BC members are the following:
- PST exemptions for energy star appliances, energy efficient residential gas fired water heaters and insulation for hot water tanks, pipes and duct work
- Renovations will be enhanced by incentives for energy audits and retrofits to bring down home energy costs
- Property Transfer Tax ceiling will once again be raised from $375,000 to $425,000 to assist first time home buyers and financing regulations under the first time home buyer program will now be eliminated
- Reductions in personal income taxes, small business taxes and corporate taxes are all in the mix to keep BC competitive
- Expansion of the Provincial nominee program to attract more skilled workers and entrepreneurs to BC
- Funding has been set aside to create a green building code
The Canadian Home Builders’ Association of BC is the voice of the residential construction industry in BC and comprises of membership made up of building professionals who are committed to excellence in the industry.